Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] infinite loop in mssql code

From: Bradley Bell
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] infinite loop in mssql code
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:40:04 -0800

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 06:51:54PM -0600, Michael Dean wrote:
> OK, two things:
>
> 1.  I just committed a (hopeful) fix with some alteration in explicit
> transaction state tracking.  Give it a go.
>
> 2.  MSSQL support is alpha level at the moment.  The creation of new
> schemas works at least for the apps formerly known as "core".  The
> upgrade code has not been implemented/finalized yet.
>
> Mike

Thanks a bunch.  Though the problem which was leading to that condition was
apparently caused by a broken FreeTDS.

MSSQL support looks very promising, I would like to help out as much as
possible to get it working properly, 'cause I'd like to deploy it here where
I work.
BTW, the I think that sybase should be completely identical, as far as phpGW
is concerned (just s/mssql_/sybase_/g).  Maybe the older sybase class should
be replaced with a copy of the mssql class, and then kept in sync.

-brad

--
Bradley Bell
Computer Support Analyst