[Phpgroupware-developers] ARGH! aka Far too easy to screw up....

From: Seth Cohn
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] ARGH! aka Far too easy to screw up....
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 04:40:18 -0800

Can someone please implement this change ASAP:

It is FAR too easy to delete all tables/apps in PHPGW setup.  It's the first
button on the page, and there is NO check 'are you SURE
You want to do this?'.  It's Sunday morning at 4:30 am, and I sit here aghast
that due to a stupid mouse click in the wrong window,
I deleted EVERYTHING from the db.

I feel like a moron, because I was.  I wasn't looking, and before I realized
what had happened it was too late.  My only hope is to
save others from this fate.

I suggest the following happen when that button is clicked:

ASK 3 times before you wipe everything.  "Are you sure?".  "Do you understand
that this will wipe everything?"  "Type YES into the
textbox to uninstall everything".

While it's nice to have that option, it's far too easy to click a single
button.  And the effect is WAY too harsh.

feeling like the biggest loser,
Seth