[Phpgroupware-developers] message UIDs

From: Tony (Angles) Puglisi
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] message UIDs
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:00:34 +0000

Email just switched to using email message UIDs instead of "message sequence
numbers".

So going from one message to the next while viewing a message (the left and
right
arow in the /email/messages.php) capability is temporarily broken. Just letting
you
know in advance I'm aware of this. (Message UIDs are not necessarily
contiguous).

Message UID's will ensure that any message you want top move, copy, delete, or
whatever is in fact the message you specified. "message sequence numbers" (what
we
used before) can change whenever new mail is added or deleted from the folder.

So if you are viewing inbox, select a message for deletion, but do not press the
delete button until 2 minutes later, it is possible new mail has arrived and
changed the "message sequence numbers" and therefor you may be deleting the
wrong
message.

Not a problem anymore. Additionally, this *should* be a permanent reference
number
to the message so perhaps we can start integrating into infolog now.
--
that's "angle" as in geometry