Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Project Structure

From: Ralf Becker
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Project Structure
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:25:25 +0200

I always hear the four founders, but I only see the responses from Dan, talking for all of them.

I would love to hear / read the opionion of Jengo and Skeeter on that points and if they demand eg. infinit veto rights for themselfs.

Ceb's position seem clear to me, as she signed the paper and is the one exeption it terms of beeing active on the project. Beside her long holiday in india this year, she is always working on the project and reachable by the other contributors.

Back to the thread here:

I still see two big / non-negociable points in the discussion:

1) veto right
2) domain name and trademark

1) I see no reason for a veto-right at all. I think the comunity is reasonable and sensible enought to take the right decisions. It does not need a superpower to be able to hold things back on his sole opinion. I'm sure the voice of any of our founders will neither be overheard nor not considered if they raise there voice for any matter.

2) For me the fsf is an organisation beyound any concern to take care of these and not to take them away from the project or give them into the wrong hands. So what to fear ...

Ralf
Ralf Becker
digital ROCK, Becker & Macht GbR            Telefon +49 (631) 31657-51
Leibnizstraße 17                            Telefax +49 (631) 31657-52
D-67663 Kaiserslautern                 EMail address@hidden