Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] [Fwd: function get_grants into phpgwapi/in

From: Benoit Hamet
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] [Fwd: function get_grants into phpgwapi/inc/class.acl.inc.php]
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:35:34 +0100

Benoit Hamet wrote:
Heya all,

I'm doing some tests here to improve performances, and looking at some strange behavior. I'm asking to older what is exactly the purpose of this function (get_grants in acl) and why does it creates it's own account object, instead of using the $GLOBALS['phpgw']->accounts one ... Just to check, I put a debug array to see what was the output, in first case, nothing is returned (ie using the $myaccounts = ...) and in the
Hum, my mistake was a typo, so both functions are returning the same thing, so I guess that using the $GLOBALS['phpgw']->accounts->membership is "the" good way ...

second case, it's really returning the real membership ... looks very ugly to me ... (btw I'm using ldap system, and don't have time to check what an sql system could return ...)

So if someone could tell me which is the correct behavior, helping me to avoid the creation of an object just for calling a "static" (I guess that the $this->membership is a nonsense if we don't build a proper cache, isn't it, but that's another discussion :) function, and thus avoiding ldap links waste I would be happy (and perhaps solve a kind of bug ?? I'm afraid to see this in get_grants ...
More on this in a few moment :)

Regards,

Caeies