[Phpgroupware-developers] Install new app (newbie)

From: Thomas Guignard
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Install new app (newbie)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:57:58 +0100

Hi all

I'm trying to write my very first phpgw app. I must say that getting into phpgw is not very easy, since the documentation is very sparse and most of it is outdated. Even for people that are familiar with php.

Enough whining, this is what I did:

1. I wrote the Hello World app as presented in
http://www.jfdeclercq.com/html/2002/05/hello/doc/HellophpGroupware.html
(up to point 2, point 3 seems deprecated)

2. I added a setup folder in my app directory and stole the content of the notes app setup.inc.php file and fit it to my app

3. I made a templates/idots/images/navbar.png icon (such as in the notes app)

4. I uploaded and ran the setup/Manage Applications utility, installed the app sucessfully and I added the app to my group's permissions

The app appears and works (hurray!). But there are two glitches:
- the custom icon doesn't appear (I get the default app icon, with the question mark) I am using the idots template. - the name of the app that appears in the navbar is still its "unix name", that is "hello" and not "Hello World" as defined in the setup.inc.php file.

Was this the correct install procedure? What shall I do to include my custom navbar icon? How and where can I set the full application name?

Thank you!

Thomas.