RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHPDocs for head

From: Dave Hall
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHPDocs for head
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:33:47 +1000

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 08:15 +0200, Kai Hofmann wrote:

> >  There is a
> > >
> > > Correct also I am thinking skel should be LGPL that will
> > help start a
> > > commercial product.
> >
> > I have no interest in writing such a version of skel.  AFAIK
> > skel is GPL
> > and should stay that way.
>
> That does NOT depend on your personal interest only - should be a core team
> decision!
> And last but not least a decision of the FSF.

If the app is GPL (which it is), then it stays GPL.

> > > No more api commit rights
> > > without direct commit rights - creating docs would be not
> > practicable.
> > >
> > > Also a lot of bugfixes could be, because creating docs is
> > the same as doing
> > > code review.
> >
> > You still have API commit rights,
>
> I am no longer a member of phpgwapi project - so no commit rights
> go figure out yourself:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/project/memberlist.php?group=phpgwapi

I was not aware that you had been removed.  I checked and this was done
by ceb a few weeks ago without any discussion.  Until the latest events,
I was happy for you to retain phpdoc only commit rights for the API.

> > but for regular breaches of project
> > policy - such as commiting when you shouldn't - i am suggesting that
> > they be revoked, and if you continue to breach policy your CVS rights
> > should be revoked completely.
> >
> > This is not about the docs, but all the other unexplained commits to
> > apps which you don't maintain.
>
> The commits are all explained within the cvs messages.
> But maybe you are not understanding them?

I can see the commit log.  Who did you ask about running php -l? Did
someone ask you to run it?  I don't think so.

> You better make a CT decision about this.
> My point is that your behaviour is like a
> pool of single developers - where everyone will
> fight his area.
> This is NOT very productive!
>
> A lot of things like bugfixes, performance optimizations etc.
> have not been done in the past, because of the lack of knowledge of
> single developers.
>
> In a TEAM this will be no problem, because everyone trusts each other
> and verifies the work. Also communication is much more important.
> For the last two years the communication within phpgw was much to low
> and also often goes in the wrong direction.

When someone can't still to basic and agreed project policy then their
can't be any trust.  I think when a handful of devs (read probiz) work
as a team within the broader team it undermine any broader unity.

> So maybe you should take away also my commit rights on the phpgw project,
> because I will ever do my best to bring a project forward - and this
> implies for be making bug fixes etc. all over the whole thing.

If you won't discuss things with app maintainers, then I will support
this happening.

> I you (the core team and not Dave in person) don't want this - fine
> then you lost a developer.
>
> Its up to you.
>
> Greetings
>
>     PowerStat
>

> P.S.: Please remove me from the bug/patch tracker notification list for
>       documentation, because I am not longer the doc mainatiner.

Don't you still maintain phpdocs?
--
Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
API Coordinator