playogg-discuss

[playogg-discuss] Re: How would we get Ogg Vorbis adopted? (was Re: play

From: Niklas Cholmkvist
Subject: [playogg-discuss] Re: How would we get Ogg Vorbis adopted? (was Re: playogg-discuss Digest, Vol 13, Issue 2)
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 00:40:00 +0300

Hi,

> 1. We need at least one Ogg Vorbis Portable Audio Player
> 1. I think we have something.
I have that something :) and it is called Sandisk Sansa Clip 2GB. 40
euro. It plays ogg vorbis and I charge it by connecting it through usb
to my computer. Bought one for a friend which repeatedly told me to buy
one, because my friend wanted one too.

> 2. We need a place people can buy it
I live in Thessaloniki, Greece. I bought it from www.e-shop.gr .
Virtually anyone who lives in a 'big city' can order and get one.

> 4. We need a Music Store that offers it in Ogg Vorbis format
I don't. I enjoy all the free cultural works at jamendo.com and with
this link you can get all the free cultural works listed:
http://www.jamendo.com/en/albums?order=ratingweek_desc&tag_idstr=&location_country=all&license_minrights_c=on&license_minrights_d=on

If you want all legally downloadable works then even more will show up
because there are countless of artists who license their music non-free
as cc-by-nc-sa.

Kind regards,

Niklas