po4a-dev

Re: [Po4a-dev]Status report of po-dpkg

From: Denis Barbier
Subject: Re: [Po4a-dev]Status report of po-dpkg
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 17:39:32 +0200

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 02:59:23PM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> Ok, I guess it's my turn to make a status report about my work here.
> So, here we go, here is the current situation in my effort to get dpkg
> handling localized package description.

Debian-installer use another deb format, called udeb (micro-deb), and
  http://cvs.debian.org/debian-installer/main-menu/main-menu.h?rev=1.19
contain some i18n related stuff.  Maybe they are interested in supporting
translated descriptions before dpkg do.

I added pod2pot in po-pod, this module should be fairly easy to implement,
but I currently focus on po-debconf.

Denis