po4a-dev

Re: [Po4a-dev]Status report of po-dpkg

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Po4a-dev]Status report of po-dpkg
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:10:02 +0200

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 05:39:32PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 02:59:23PM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > Ok, I guess it's my turn to make a status report about my work here.
> > So, here we go, here is the current situation in my effort to get dpkg
> > handling localized package description.
>
> Debian-installer use another deb format, called udeb (micro-deb), and
>   http://cvs.debian.org/debian-installer/main-menu/main-menu.h?rev=1.19
> contain some i18n related stuff.  Maybe they are interested in supporting
> translated descriptions before dpkg do.

I know that, but I'm affraid of having a lot of different formats. What I
want here is a change implemented in dpkg itself, so that the policy can be
adapted, so that every program have to use the same format.

> I added pod2pot in po-pod, this module should be fairly easy to implement,
> but I currently focus on po-debconf.

I know, and I currently focus on something completely different called PhD ;)

Bye, Mt.

          --- éphéméride du 31 mai