protux-devel

Re: [Protux-devel] about the errors in the help.text

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] about the errors in the help.text
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 12:14:12 +0200

On Tue, 13 May 2003 21:38:53 -0300
Fabio dos Santos <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hei Martin, I've been thinking about this,
>
> > i noticed that the file containes the version number. So why not
> > letting ./configure create help.text from a help.text.in file and
> > setting automatically the right version ?
>
> But I thought it was best to leave the change by hand, this way, the
> user will know when the file is outdated. . .

the other solution would be not to let it become outdated... of course it would
be hard to always stay up to date with CVS, but at least for releases it should
be possible...

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy:
->http://gnuwin.epfl.ch