protux-devel

Re: [Protux-devel] sync'ing trees

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] sync'ing trees
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 16:42:30 +0200

On Thu, 29 May 2003 10:53:25 -0300
rsff <address@hidden> wrote:

> Oops, I forgot to run automake, and here's the error I got (after
> following the previous steps and adding automake.

everything goes better with automake ;-)

> bash-2.05a$ autoheader
> bash-2.05a$ aclocal -I /usr/local/share/aclocal
> bash-2.05a$ autoconf
> bash-2.05a$ automake
> src/Makefile.am:41: invalid unused variable name:
> `nodist_protux_SOURCES'
> src/filters/Makefile.am:57: invalid unused variable name:
> `nodist_libprotuxfilters_a_SOURCES'
>

> Any ideas?

yes, the nodist_..._SOURCES variable was only introduced in automake 1.5 and
you are using

> aclocal / Automake 1.4-p4

the nodist_..._SOURCES variable is for source-code files which should not be
part of the distro tar-ball... in our case it means all moc_... .cc  files
(which need to be rebuilt with the moc compiler corresponding to the version of
libqt installed by the final user).

That means you'll need at least automake 1.5... but it seems that versions
above 1.5 are not working too (see Luciano's try with 1.7.4).

The thing i don't understand is why when doing make it always wants to rerun
autotools... there is a working ./configure in CVS, and there should be no need
to rerun autotools unless you want to change configure.ac or Makefile.am...

> PS: Its great to be working again!

yeah...

/Martin

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy:
->http://gnuwin.epfl.ch