protux-devel

Re: [Protux-devel] commiting stuff

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] commiting stuff
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 17:01:57 +0200

On Thu, 29 May 2003 15:56:35 +0200
address@hidden (booker) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got this error when running make (after a fresh checkout) ....
>
> MustuxAudioFileFormats.cc: In member function `void PrafFile::rewind()':
> MustuxAudioFileFormats.cc:241: `rewind' undeclared in namespace `std'
> MustuxAudioFileFormats.cc: In member function `void WavFile::rewind()':
> MustuxAudioFileFormats.cc:484: `rewind' undeclared in namespace `std'
> make[1]: *** [MustuxAudioFileFormats.lo] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/booker/cvs/mustux/mustuxlib'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> address@hidden mustuxlib]$
>
> Maybe there should be some more #includes  added to
> "MustuxAudioFileFormats.cc"  ?

No, rewind should be in stdio.h, which is included.

It's a problem which has been reported several time... depending on which
version of the libc/libc++ you have it will compile or it will not...
The only possible fix is to rename the 2 functions WavFile::rewind() and
PrafFile::rewind() to something else than rewind... then the std::rewind()
function can be accessed without the std:: namespace prefix, and so it will
work even in cases where rewind() is not declared in the std namespace... (like
in your case).

I didn't want to make this change before as it would only have led to conflicts
with Luciano's tree... but now we could definitively fix this problem...

Luciano, you want to do this yourself ? we could call this function
goto_begin() for example, or rewind_track()....

/Martin

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy:
->http://gnuwin.epfl.ch