pspp-dev

Re: psppire distcheck failure

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: psppire distcheck failure
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:18:47 -0700

> On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 09:05:36AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>      > Attached it the output I get for that test with the patch applied.
>
>      It sure looks like you didn't apply the patch, because the
>      patched version doesn't run diff:
>
>      You have to both extract the tarball *and* apply the patch.
>
> I didn't realise that.  I thought you'd provided 2 files as
> alternative ways of doing it.  You can create a patch which includes
> new files, with "cvs diff -N" .

My mistake--I should have read the "cvs diff" manpage to find
that option, but I didn't.  My apology for the lack of clarity.

(In my defense, the .out file diffs are really unenlightening,
since every line is changed.)

> It works fine now with the patch applied.  Thanks.

Thanks!
--
"I knew it was a bad sign when I drove through Hell (MI) on Wednesday
and there was snow on the ground and all the standing water had a