pspp-dev

contributing your PSPP documentation to the GNU Project

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: contributing your PSPP documentation to the GNU Project
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:06:32 -0700

Hello Julie.

Thank you for writing documentation for PSPP in French.  It is
nice to see someone interested in writing documentation, seeing
as so few people are.

Are you interested in contributing your documentation to the GNU
Project, so that we could include it alongside the English
documentation?  If so, this will require you to be willing to
sign a copyright assignment or disclaimer for the documentation.

P.S. If you are uncomfortable writing to me in English, then it
is fine to write to me in French.  I am fairly good at reading
French, although I am terrible at writing it.

P.P.S. John Darrington, a PSPP developer, noticed a few minor
technical issues with the French documentation.  I am passing
them along from him verbatim here:

1.  The pdf file has ?? in place of all it's references.  It needs to
    be run through LaTeX another time.

2.  Where English text has been inserted (eg, the copyright notice and
    the FDL), these should be introduced with \selectlanguage{english}
    This sets the proper hyphenation patterns for the language.

3.  There are a lot of instances where \emph has been used for style
    marking instead of for emphasis.  This might produce bizarre
    results when converting to other formats.
--
Ben Pfaff
email: address@hidden