pspp-users

Re: 0.6.0 installation

From: FluidMindOrg
Subject: Re: 0.6.0 installation
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 13:42:16 -0800 (PST)

Ben Pfaff wrote:

> I know it's been quite a while since you passed along
> this information, but: if you can suggest a way to reproduce
> these messages, then I'd like to fix the problem.  Thanks!

Hi. I just installed PSPP 0.6.0 into Ubuntu 8.10 form the Ubuntu package. I
ran it from the command line and left it in the foreground. I can reproduct
that "psppire_data_store_set_string: assertion `pv' failed" error simply by
trying to type a number into one of the cells of a column that has not had
its variable defined. Try it.

Also, in the Variables panel, when I click on any of the numeric fields
(Width, Decimals, Columns) I get the following error message:

     Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page
size is deprecated

And every now and then, out of the blue, even when I'm not in the PSPP
window a message like the following will appear (ending with a different
number every time):

     Gdk-WARNING **:
/build/buildd/gtk+2.0-2.14.4/gdk/x11/gdkproperty-x11.c:318 invalid X atom:
38321008