pspp-users

RE: multiple commands in one pass of data

From: la
Subject: RE: multiple commands in one pass of data
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 08:04:00 -0400

Setting maxwarns to a large number presents a different problem.  My file is
well over 255 million records and pspp generates a error statement for each
record/variable that contains blanks if it's defined as numeric. So the pspp
would generate an enormous report.

I tried using SET BLANKS=0 or other data transformation to convert blanks to
0 within my pspp syntax file but it seems that the error is generated as
soon as it reads the data before anything else happens.  Does this mean that
I have to first process the file outside of pspp to convert blanks to 0?

Thanks
Luis Avila