pspp-users

download site for pspp

From: SAR&BAWS
Subject: download site for pspp
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 21:45:31 +0100

I hope I am e-mailing/posting to the correct address for the pspp users list which I got from http://pspp.awardspace.com/ I also hope that I am phrasing this request correctly as am not familiar with the etiquette.
Appologies if I get anything wrong.

I would very much like to try out a copy of pspp to run on a windows 7, 64 bit box . It sounds to be a really useful package. I found the downloads page at http://pspp.awardspace.com/ but could only see links to sourceforge.

Given recent concerns about malware/adware being bundled with downloads from sourceforge, I did not feel comfortable/safe with downloading a copy from there. (for example GNU's GIMP no longer uses sourceforge for the installers http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/08/gimp_dumps_sourceforge_over_dodgy_ads_and_installer/, and comments on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SourceForge seem to indicate that, sadly, sourceforge is no longer trustworthy repository) .

Are there any download sites for pspp (windows 7 64bit or 32bit ) [other than sourceforge], which do not risk the installers having malware/adware bundled with them? Unfortunately I do not have the experience/confidence/software to build an installer for windows from the source code.

Advice would be most welcome.
Many thanks in anticipation, Sandy