pspp-users

Re: PSPP 0.8.4

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: PSPP 0.8.4
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 17:58:34 +0200

Hi Johannes,

perhaps you could try switching to the C locale and see if the problem goes
away.

J'

On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 01:47:41PM +0200, Johannes Albert-von der G?nna wrote:
     Hi all,

     I can confirm this issue: same platform (Ubuntu 14.04, amd64), same PSPP
     version (0.8.4 from Adam's PPA), the very same errors - no matter what
     .sav file I try to open.
     A wild guess: could it be related to the system's locale as I'm using a
     German one, too?

     Regards,
     Johannes

     Am 02.10.2014 um 01:40 schrieb Adam Zammit:
     > Dear Matthias,
     >
     > I have not encountered that error on my installation with my SAV files.
     > Are you able to provide a SAV file that fails so I can test it here?
     >
     > Regards,
     > Adam Zammit
     >
     > On 2 October 2014 05:00, Matthias Faeth <address@hidden
     > <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
     >
     >     Yes Adam is in the loop (see address list) but hasn't answered yet,
     >     it is still night in Australia.
     >
     >     I wanted to avoid building it for myself for this is something I
     >     truely hate in Linux (figuring out all the missing dependencies is a
     >     nuisiance).
     >
     >     However, if Adam does not help, I'll build it and report back on
this.

     >     Regards
     >     Matthias
     >
     >     Matthias F?th
     >     Im Mediapark 12
     >     50670 K?ln
     >     t: 0221-2907973
     >     m: 0171-9832175
     >     e: address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>
     >     Skype: hiaska

     >     <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>:
     >

     >         On Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 07:38:16PM +0200, Matthias Faeth wrote:
     >              Dear all
     >
     >              I have just installed version 0.8.4 by using
     >         ppa:adamzammit/pspp on my
     >              ubuntu 14.04 amd64 machine.
     >
     >              Trying to open an existing original SPSS .sav file results
     >         in a crash (yes
     >              I tried it with several different ones).
     >
     >              When invoking psppire from the command line I can see the
     >         following error
     >              messages
     >
     >              "(psppire:30696): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_cairo_create:
     >         assertion
     >              'GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed
     >
     >              (psppire:30696): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_cairo_create:
     >         assertion
     >              'GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed
     >              Speicherzugriffsfehler"
     >
     >              "Speicherzugriffsfehler" means something like  "memory
     >         access violation"
     >
     >              Anybody an idea why the package is not working for me?
     >

     >         it it hard to say, but perhaps this is a problem with that
     >         package.  Have you
     >         contacted Adam Zammit about it?  Do you get the same problems if
     >         you build
     >         from source instead of using Zammit's pacakge?
     >
     >         J'
     >

     >         --
     >         PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
     >         fingerprint = 8797 A26D 0854 2EAB 0285  A290 8A67 719C 2DE8 27B3
     >         See http://sks-keyservers.net or any PGP keyserver for public
key.

     > --
     > Adam Zammit
     > Research and Development Officer
     > Australian Consortium for Social and Political Research Inc.
     > +61 3 9013 9653
     > http://www.acspri.org.au/

     Johannes Albert-von der G?nna
     Diplom-Psychologe

     Ludwig-Maximilians-Universit?t M?nchen
     Department Psychologie
     Lehrstuhl f?r Psychologische Methodenlehre und Diagnostik
     Leopoldstr. 13
     80802 M?nchen

     Tel: +49 89 2180 5872
     Fax: +49 89 2180 5235