pspp-users

How to properly cite PSPP in a publication?

From: Charles Johnson
Subject: How to properly cite PSPP in a publication?
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 04:00:57 +0000

Hello. Making a short presentation of PSPP I was on the problem of how to cite
correctly PSPP.

 Using the APA 6th edition format, I did the following:

"Free Software Foundation (2015). GNU PSPP (Version 0.8.5) [Computer Software].
Boston, MA"
or
"GNU Project (2015). GNU PSPP (Version 0.8.5) [Computer Software]. Free
Software Foundation. Boston, MA"

In both you can be added: "Available from: https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/";

I have reviewed the following thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pspp-users/2011-11/msg00017.html,
But really I'm not clear as I do.

In other software:

For example, IBM recommends for SPSS:

In "R", using the following command "citation ()" recommended: R Core Team
(2015). R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation
for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria. URL https://www.R-project.org/.

In GNU Octave "citation" command (cite a manual): John W. Eaton, David Bateman,
Søren Hauberg, Rik Wehbring (2015). GNU Octave version 4.0.0 manual: a
high-level interactive language for numerical computations. URL
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/

Depending on the project, citing the author of a manual, or the software
itself. Any ideas?

If we reach a consensus, it could be added to the FAQ.

CJT