pspp-users

AW: no more PSPP for Windows?

From: Quandt, Markus
Subject: AW: no more PSPP for Windows?
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 13:17:22 +0000

Hello Julia,

This site http://pspp.awardspace.info/ with pointers to Sourceforge is still active. So the most recent version for Windows is of Sep. 2020.

It has in my experience a nasty problem with the Windows output interface sometimes being very unresponsive, if you produce large outputs, but works fine for most every-day analyses and teaching, I would say. All Windows versions I ever used had the same problem, by the way, IIRC.

This being said, I was wondering myself whether there is a perspective for the pre-compiled Windows versions being brought up to date again. There definitely are some fixes and features missing in the Windows version by now.

Best,

Markus