pupa-devel

Re: Re: Error compiling PUPA from CVS

From: bddebian
Subject: Re: Re: Error compiling PUPA from CVS
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:00:02 -0400

> From: Yoshinori Okuji <address@hidden>
> Date: 2003/09/26 Fri AM 06:23:55 EDT
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: Error compiling PUPA from CVS
>
>  --- address@hidden wrote:
> > Hello, here is my public e-mail! :-)  I hope to start doing some work on
> > PUPA
> > but as I stated in my e-mail I am very much a C n00b so bear with me.  The
> > first thing I tried to do was build PUPA from CVS, and this is what I got:
>
> Your version seems to be out of date. Does the file ChangeLog contain this
> entry:
>
> 2003-09-25  Yoshinori K. Okuji  <address@hidden>
>
>         * genmk.rb (PModule#rule): Make sure to get only symbol names
>         from the output of nm.
>         Reported by Robert Millan <address@hidden>.
>
> If not, you need to "cvs update".
>
> Okuji

Well that was odd, I must have just missed it since I just pulled from CVS
yesterday.  But that fixed it thank you.  I don't know if the README is
incorrect or if the chain.mod is getting built incorrectly but running
pupa-mkimage I had to use _chain.mod not chain.mod (which is what the README
says).

So, where should I start poking around in code?? :-)

Thanks again!

Barry deFreese