pupa-devel

Re: Re: Error compiling PUPA from CVS

From: Yoshinori Okuji
Subject: Re: Re: Error compiling PUPA from CVS
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:36:12 +0100 (BST)

 --- address@hidden wrote:
> I don't know if the README is
> incorrect or if the chain.mod is getting built incorrectly but running
> pupa-mkimage I had to use _chain.mod not chain.mod (which is what the README
> says).

That's true. README is out of date.

> So, where should I start poking around in code?? :-)

PUPA has two modes called "normal" and "rescue". If possible, I'd like to say,
"Just look at normal mode. It's the real PUPA environment." But, actually, the
normal mode is premature and the rescue mode is much more usable. So take a
look at some files in the directory "kernel", in particular, "main.c" and
"rescue.c".

Okuji