qemacs-devel

Re: force target in QEmacs makefile - fatal: not a git repository

From: Charlie Gordon
Subject: Re: force target in QEmacs makefile - fatal: not a git repository
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 13:12:16 +0200

Dear Piscium,

Thank you for your feedback.
The build issue is not related to the force target, which is just an empty
(dummy) target.
The problem is the definition of the FILES variable:

FILES:= $(shell git ls-files)

This causes make to invoke git as it parses the Makefile even if the target
`tar`, which uses FILES is not made.

I removed the tar target and the FILES variable. An archive of the current
sources can be produced by `make archive`,
which makes the `tar` target redundant anyway.

I bumped the version to 5.3.1

Best regards

Chqrlie.