[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 00/17] block: transactionless incremental bac
Re: [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 00/17] block: transactionless incremental backup series
Wed, 11 Mar 2015 16:57:49 +0000
On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 06:19:46PM -0500, John Snow wrote:
> New topic, new version, same great incremental backup taste.
> This series relies on [Qemu-devel] [PULL 30/69] blkdebug: fix "once" rule,
> part of Stefan's 69 patch pull request submitted 2015-02-27.
> This patchset enables the in-memory part of the incremental backup
> feature, without transactional support.
> Support for transactions will come at a later date, but getting this
> portion upstream will help stabilize work on bitmap persistence and
> bitmap migration.
> Transactional support is being postponed to allow more development
> to create a transactional callback system that will allow objects used
> by the drive backup routines to perform cleanup actions conditionally
> based on the outcome of all backups in the transaction group.
> This series was once said to have been written by a man known only
> to Qemu-Devel as "Fam Zheng", A programming maverick hellbent on never
> again wasting space by making full backups when he did not have to. The
> true origins of this series are now lost to the sands of time.
> (12+ revisions later: Thanks, Fam!)
> 01: Added a new opening blurb.
> Adjusted codeblock indentations to be 4 spaces instead of 3,
> so it works as MD or GFMD.
> Adjusted errors explanation.
> Make visual separations between json data and shell commands
> Eliminate any ligering single quotes
> 07: Remember that memset takes bytes, not n_items ...
> - Removed Transactions, to be added later.
> - Removed Transaction tests, as above.
> 01: Indentation fixes.
> Removed enable/disable documentation.
> Added a note that transactions aren't implemented yet.
> Removed my needless commas
> Added error case documentation.
> 07: QMP enable/disable commands are deleted.
> 14: Some comments concerning assertions.
> Scrub re-alloc memory if we expand the array.
> Do not attempt to scrub memory if fix_count is 0
> Changes made with Reviews kept:
> 02: Since 2.4
> 04: Since 2.4
> Demingled the QMP command documentation.
> 08: Additions to what was qmp_block_dirty_enable/disable
> are no longer present as those function no longer exist.
> 09: Since 2.4
> 10: Since 2.4
> Demingled QMP command documentation.
> 11: Since 2.4
> 15: Test 112 --> 124
> 17: Number of tests altered. (Only 4, now.)
> Fam Zheng (1):
> qapi: Add optional field "name" to block dirty bitmap
> John Snow (16):
> docs: incremental backup documentation
> qmp: Ensure consistent granularity type
> qmp: Add block-dirty-bitmap-add and block-dirty-bitmap-remove
> block: Introduce bdrv_dirty_bitmap_granularity()
> hbitmap: add hbitmap_merge
> block: Add bitmap disabled status
> block: Add bitmap successors
> qmp: Add support of "dirty-bitmap" sync mode for drive-backup
> qmp: add block-dirty-bitmap-clear
> qmp: Add dirty bitmap status fields in query-block
> block: add BdrvDirtyBitmap documentation
> block: Ensure consistent bitmap function prototypes
> block: Resize bitmaps on bdrv_truncate
> iotests: add invalid input incremental backup tests
> iotests: add simple incremental backup case
> iotests: add incremental backup failure recovery test
> block.c | 248 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
> block/backup.c | 149 ++++++++++++++++----
> block/mirror.c | 46 +++----
> blockdev.c | 162 +++++++++++++++++++++-
> docs/bitmaps.md | 311
> hmp.c | 3 +-
> include/block/block.h | 34 ++++-
> include/block/block_int.h | 4 +-
> include/qemu/hbitmap.h | 21 +++
> migration/block.c | 9 +-
> qapi/block-core.json | 92 ++++++++++++-
> qmp-commands.hx | 92 ++++++++++++-
> tests/qemu-iotests/124 | 266 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> tests/qemu-iotests/124.out | 5 +
> tests/qemu-iotests/group | 1 +
> tests/qemu-iotests/iotests.py | 6 +-
> util/hbitmap.c | 87 ++++++++++++
> 17 files changed, 1446 insertions(+), 90 deletions(-)
> create mode 100644 docs/bitmaps.md
> create mode 100644 tests/qemu-iotests/124
> create mode 100644 tests/qemu-iotests/124.out
Looks pretty close.
Description: PGP signature
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 09/17] qmp: Add support of "dirty-bitmap" sync mode for drive-backup, (continued)
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 09/17] qmp: Add support of "dirty-bitmap" sync mode for drive-backup, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 10/17] qmp: add block-dirty-bitmap-clear, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 15/17] iotests: add invalid input incremental backup tests, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 11/17] qmp: Add dirty bitmap status fields in query-block, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 17/17] iotests: add incremental backup failure recovery test, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 12/17] block: add BdrvDirtyBitmap documentation, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 13/17] block: Ensure consistent bitmap function prototypes, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 16/17] iotests: add simple incremental backup case, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- Re: [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 00/17] block: transactionless incremental backup series, Max Reitz, 2015/03/03
- Re: [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 00/17] block: transactionless incremental backup series,
Stefan Hajnoczi <=