qemu-devel

Re: Emu as logo (was Re: [Qemu-devel] Icon proposal: a carnival mask)

From: Antony T Curtis
Subject: Re: Emu as logo (was Re: [Qemu-devel] Icon proposal: a carnival mask)
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 22:36:40 +0100

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 21:17, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
> OK, so I relinquish credit to Martin for thinking up Q-Emu first :-)
> Hey, maybe we could call the mascot Q. I'm so uncreative sometimes it
> hurts ;-)
>
> I agree that it would still be OK to use an emu... particularly if the
> logo were stylized in a way that evokes QEMU over something for CPC (is
> that an Amstrad? Sounds familiar)
>
> Some unique aspects of QEMU are:
>
> 1. Fast
> 2. Free (this CPC emulator is "freeware" not Free Software or Public
> Domain even)
> 3. Portable/retargetable
> 4. Runs with no install/root privileges

Strangely enough, the thought of an Emu with a circular lifesaver
floatation device around it's neck came to mind, partly because that and
the Emu would kind of look like a stylised "Q"...

Have it cartoon-styled... smiling Emu... with a red and white device
around it's neck.

--
Antony T Curtis <address@hidden>