qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] Arm arch5 support

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] Arm arch5 support
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 00:03:03 +0100

On Sunday 01 August 2004 23:16, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 11:38:44PM +0200, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
> > Your armv4 binaries do work, so do you maybe have any suggestions
> > for a target triple I should use?
>
> I didn't mean to sound as if I don't believe you.. in fact, I
> vaguely remember having succeeded in running ARM binaries in
> the past, but can't remember how and when.  I'm just wondering
> what you're doing differently that causes it to work for you,
> and not for me and some other people on this list who've tried
> in the past.

arm-linux, armv4-linux adn armv5te-redhat-linux-gnu toolchains all work.
I've run the gcc testsuite on the arm-linux, and am only getting a handful of
unexpected failures. The other two I've only verified that "Hello World"
works.

The toolchains I've built are all configured for static libraries only.
I have run dynamically linked programs from a debian-arm chroot.

FWIW I'm using CVS HEAD binutils and glibc, and a very slightly modified
csl-arm (CodeSourcery) gcc.

qemu from cvs head as of yesterday

Paul