qemu-devel

Re: QEMU Automated Testing (was [Qemu-devel] qemu Makefile.target vl.h h

From: Sunil Amitkumar Janki
Subject: Re: QEMU Automated Testing (was [Qemu-devel] qemu Makefile.target vl.h hw/acpi.c hw/adlib.c ...)
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:41:59 +0200

Thiemo Seufer wrote:
The problem is the linker (presumably /usr/bin/ld) does not
find the math library (likely name is /lib/libm.so.6). You can
add "-v" to the gcc command line to find out what it looks for.

JFTR, building qemu on Debian mips worked for me some days ago,
but the resulting binary was broken (as expected with current CVS).

I have rebuilt in a pure Slackware 12.0 chroot in which I have replaced the
GCC 4.1.2 system compiler that runs from /usr/bin with a previously built GCC 3.4.6 that also runs from /usr/bin and I agree that it builds this way. I will keep building in this chroot then for the foreseeable future until QEMU is ready for
GCC 4.

Do you have any idea of what else is needed to get QEMU to a usable state on
MIPS hosts? Are there any other ideas for virtualisation such as Xen or VMware/ SimOS? I have asked on the Xen-devel list but nobody gave any feedback there.