qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] WE NEED GCC 4 please

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] WE NEED GCC 4 please
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 23:59:30 +0100

Am 20.01.2008 um 23:38 schrieb Sunil Amitkumar Janki:

Ignoring the fact that the original poster wrote in all caps and can't
contribute much to qemu development, what is being done or who can
give directions on what would have to be done to make qemu build using
gcc4. I'd prefer it too that I wouldn't have to keep an old gcc 3.x
compiler around specifically to build qemu, so what can we do about
that?

I have some more reading to catch up but the last I heard was that virtually everything worked except for gcc 4.3 and MinGW 3.4.2 and in my case sh4*-softmmu on OSX/ppc gcc 4.0.1...
What to do about any of that I don't know either.

Andreas