qemu-devel

Re: Git/SVN/CVS? was Re: [Qemu-devel] What does code_copy_enabled do?

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: Git/SVN/CVS? was Re: [Qemu-devel] What does code_copy_enabled do?
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 12:45:01 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008, Blue Swirl wrote:

> On 2/8/08, Rob Landley <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > > It got ripped out a while back.
> >
> > Any news on the possible cvs->svn migration?  I'd submit a cleanup
> > patch to rip out the remaining traces of code_copy_enabled, but the
> > git mirror I follow (git://git.kernel.dk/data/git/qemu.git) hasn't
> > updated in several days so I'm not actually sure it's still there in
> > cvs.
> >
> > Just checked and http://savannah.nongnu.org/svn/?group=qemu isn't
> > there either...
>
> How about git? I'd like to use git bisect. Would there be problems if it
> were possible to commit via more than one interface?

You mean using nongnu.org's git support?  And the cvsserver
emulation, so that CVS people can still access it via CVS?  That's an
option, but I do not know if nongnu.org has enabled cvsserver emulation.

And I'm not a fan of _forcing_ people to switch to another SCM.  You can
use git (and even cvsimport yourself, should the public git mirrors lag),
and even svn, as pbrook showed, even if the official upstream stays CVS.

Ciao,
Dscho