qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Modular qemu?

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Modular qemu?
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 09:29:37 -0600

Glauber Costa wrote:
We have no maintainer here, and there's a lot of people maintaining the forks
all over. What's stoping those people from becoming maintainers of the
linux-user architectures
in upstream qemu?

git can be really helpful here. As I said, anyone who wants to start maintaining a git tree for a particular subsystem they're interested in, I'm more than happy to do git pulls and then push to svn via git-svn. Of course, all commits should be posted as patches and they should be well separated and bisectable, etc. All discussions should happen on qemu-devel too.

I know part of the problem for maintainership is chicken-and-the-egg. If you don't have commit access, it's hard to prove that you would be a good maintainer. git really helps this though because anyone can setup a git tree.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

I believe this is part of what anthony is saying. The situation about
how do we welcome
new people improved by a large leap.