qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Live migration protocol, device features, ABIs and

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Live migration protocol, device features, ABIs and other beasts
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 19:57:45 +0100

On 11/24/2009 07:51 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
to make the primary representation of state an XML document

Since my brain is not working well today, I'll just point out that of course I meant "the primary representation of _schemas_ an XML document" or anything like that.

or  anything like that (and convert it back to VMState structs at build
time), it would not be a huge work, and it would give important benefits.

Like adding tremendous complexity for little to no gain.

Anything that could result in a libqemustate or something like that would be complex, but would have gain. (Yes, I've seen the smiley despite aforementioned problems with the brain).

Paolo