qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [GSoC 2010] Pass-through filesystem support.

From: jvrao
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [GSoC 2010] Pass-through filesystem support.
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 10:11:32 -0700

Luiz Capitulino wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 18:01:01 +0200
> Mohammed Gamal <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Now that Cam is almost done with his ivshmem patches, I was thinking
>> of another idea for GSoC which is improving the pass-though
>> filesystems.
>> I've got some questions on that:
>>
>> 1- What does the community prefer to use and improve? CIFS, 9p, or
>> both? And which is better taken up for GSoC.

Please look at our recent set of patches.
We are developing a 9P server for QEMU and client is already part of mainline
Linux.
Our goal is to optimize it for virualization environment and will work as FS
pass-through
mechanism between host and the guest.

Here is the latest set of patches..

Please let us know if you are interested ... we can coordinate.

Thanks,
JV