qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch to improve handling of server sockets

From: Reinhard Max
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch to improve handling of server sockets
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 01:42:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 4 May 2010 at 23:47, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:

My tigervnc (tightvnc successor) has IPv6 support and handles this just fine.

Well, as I wrote, the code is not just used for vnc, but also for server sockets that (if I got that right) could be connected from telnet or netcat implementations that don't speak IPv6.

When going for multiple listening sockets in qemu we have to figure how we'll handle this in a number of places as there is no single listening address any more.

Well, that's what my patch is about. Did you take a look at it?

Reporting the vnc server address in QMP is one.

Not sure what QMP is (this was the first time I looked at QEMU's internals), but I think my patch only leaves one place TODO where I chose to report only the first address for now, but it shouldn't be too hard to fix that as well.

BTW, in some places I circumvented the need for reporting multiple addresses by simply reporting the name that was passed to QEMU instead.

cu
        Reinhard