|Subject:||[Qemu-devel] Issue with snapshot outside qcow2 disk - qemu 0.14.0|
|Date:||Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:06:33 -0800 (PST)|
I attempted to create snapshots outside the original qcow2 disk, a feature that is available with 0.14.0, but facing an unexpected behaviour as described below. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I am using qemu version 0.14
# qemu --version
QEMU emulator version 0.14.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard
# qemu-img --version
qemu-img version 0.14.0, Copyright (c) 2004-2008 Fabrice Bellard
usage: qemu-img command [command options]
QEMU disk image utility
Following steps were executed to copy a snapshot outside the original qcow2 but looks like there is an issue.
1. VM(vm1) brought up with a qcow2 image(/home/user1/lucid-vm2). This is a lucid 10.04 VM.
2. Next snapshot created for the qcow2
#qemu-img snapshot -c snap1 /home/user1/lucid-vm2
3. Lets see if the snapshot got created.
# qemu-img snapshot -l /home/user1/lucid-vm2
ID TAG VM SIZE DATE VM CLOCK
1 snap1 0 2011-03-09 23:17:53 00:00:00.000
4. Next inside the running VM(vm2) a new file is created. Since the snapshot was
created before creating this file. The snapshot should not have this file.
5. Now the snapshot snap1 is copied outside the original qcow2 image.
qemu-img convert -f qcow2 -O qcow2 -s snap1 /home/user1/lucid-vm2 /home/user1/lucid-vm2-snap1
6. Next shutdown VM(vm1) and bring it up the snapshot image /home/user1/lucid-vm2-snap1.
Since the snapshot was created before creating the file named "samplefile" it is to
be expected that the file should not be there in the snapshot image. But the file does appear in the snapshot image
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|