qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for Novemeber 22

From: Alex Jia
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for Novemeber 22
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:07:53 -0500 (EST)

Hi Yongbo,
I know VMsafe covers three main areas are Memory, Disk and Network
for securing the virtual environment, as far as I know, for kvm
security, we have similar security features or resource management
and control, for instance:

1. Host network isolation, configuring network interface for the host
and a separate network interface for the guest operating systems.

2. SELinux automatically stores and protect images on host

3. Secure remote management with libvirt such as using SSH tunnels,
using SASL authentication and encryption and using TLS for remote access

4. Using sVirt isolates virtual machines

5. With cgroups in RHEL6, you can restrict a set of tasks to a set of
resources, prevent denial-of-service situations in KVM environments,
and monitor resource use

6. Disk-image encryption is a technique aimed at protecting data at rest

7. Auditing the KVM virtualization host and guests

In addition, libvirt includes a pluggable framework for lock managers,
which hypervisor drivers can use to ensure safety for guest domain disks,
and potentially other resources.

Of course, I'm not a developer, I believe that virt developers can show
more security technique or features for virtualization to you.

Regards,
Alex