qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: trigger a gpio interrupt inside qemu

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: trigger a gpio interrupt inside qemu
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 12:00:09 +0100

On 28 August 2013 10:33, she roy <address@hidden> wrote:
> I tried to set   GPIOIC in the ISR, but the result was the same, a lot of
> interrupts generated. I guess it is because I call
> in a thread I created. And I don't know how to call these functions in a
> qemu thread.

Don't try to create extra threads either -- QEMU uses threads for
a fairly limited set of purposes and calling functions from random
new threads you've created is probably just going to go badly wrong.

If you really need an IRQ line which goes high and then low after
a while you need to set up a QEMU timer and lower the IRQ in
the timer callback. This is pretty weird behaviour unless you're
really modelling a timer device, though.

-- PMM