qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CMSIS SVD based peripheral definitions

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CMSIS SVD based peripheral definitions
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 23:47:39 +0200

> On 16 Jan 2017, at 21:23, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> doing that is somewhere between "grey area" and
> "GPL violation".

too bad for GPL. :-(

the fact is that I'll continue to improve support for Cortex-M in my branch of
QEMU, and the SVD definitions are part of it.

if you are not comfortable with it, no problem, it will remain a separate
branch; by all means I'm not trying to force you to accept merging it into the
mainstream.

if you don't mind, I'll continue to post messages regarding the progress of GNU
ARM Eclipse QEMU to inform the other developers on the new solutions, to
possibly save some duplicate efforts, and, hopefully, get some feedback.

regards,

Liviu