[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] [PATCH v2 00/22] ppc/xics: simplify ICS and
Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] [PATCH v2 00/22] ppc/xics: simplify ICS and ICP creation
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 09:55:23 +1100
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 08:19:31AM +0100, Cédric Le Goater wrote:
> > Apart from that I'm pretty happy with the endpoint you reach. I'm a
> > bit less convinced about the path taken to get there. I'm not sure if
> > it's worth the churn of doing this reorg, but I think we'd get there
> > more clearly and with less intermediate abstraction violations if it
> > was done by:
> > 1. Introduce the xics qom interface, but have it implemented by
> > the existing xics object
> > 2. Change the ics and icp to only interact with the xics object
> > via the qom interface
> > 3. Implement the qom interface in the spapr machine
> > 4. Change to spapr directly creating ics and icp objects,
> > pointing back to itself as the xics interface provider
> > 5. Remove the xics concrete object
> So that's a full rewrite of the patchset to reach the same point.
> I can only grumble for such a proposal :/
Yeah.. point taken.
> > This also has the advantage that the qom path changing parts are
> > isolated to step (4), meaning problems with migration should be easier
> > to localize.
> and migration works.
Oh, that's a nice surprise. Ok never mind about the rework, just
address the other comments and repost.
David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_
| _way_ _around_!
Description: PGP signature
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 18/22] ppc/xics: move kernel_xics_fd out of KVMXICSState, (continued)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 18/22] ppc/xics: move kernel_xics_fd out of KVMXICSState, Cédric Le Goater, 2017/02/16
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 19/22] ppc/xics: move the cpu_setup() handler under the ICPState class, Cédric Le Goater, 2017/02/16
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 20/22] ppc/xics: remove the 'xics' backlinks, Cédric Le Goater, 2017/02/16
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 21/22] ppc/xics: export the XICS init routines, Cédric Le Goater, 2017/02/16
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 22/22] ppc/xics: remove the XICSState classes, Cédric Le Goater, 2017/02/16
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 00/22] ppc/xics: simplify ICS and ICP creation, David Gibson, 2017/02/21