[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 17/21] qapi: Drop unused non-strict qobject inpu
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 17/21] qapi: Drop unused non-strict qobject input visitor
Sat, 25 Feb 2017 15:16:33 -0600
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.7.0
On 02/24/2017 09:02 AM, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> writes:
>> On 23/02/2017 22:45, Markus Armbruster wrote:
>>> The split between tests/test-qobject-input-visitor.c and
>>> tests/test-qobject-input-strict.c now makes less sense than ever. The
>>> next commit will take care of that.
>> I'm actually adding a use for non-strict visitors (and one that makes
>> sense IMHO, with comments, testcases and all that :)). See
> I replied.
Hmm. Right now, we implement strict checking by populating a hash table
in parallel to the QObject being visited, then checking if it gets
emptied. I wonder if it would be any simpler to clone the QObject and
then remove keys, rather than tracking a separate hash table. In fact,
you could then turn strict checking into an after-the-fact item:
creating the visitor passes in a QObject, then after the visit you check
whether the QObject has been emptied. But that's not something that has
to be solved for 2.9.
>> For what it's worth, however, I believe that even non-strict visits
>> should detect unvisited list tails.
> Bit of an asymmetry. Not sure it matters, because to not visit list
> tails, you have to put in some effort.
Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 00/21] qapi: QMP dispatch and input visitor work, no-reply, 2017/02/24
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 21/21] qapi: Improve qobject visitor documentation, (continued)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 21/21] qapi: Improve qobject visitor documentation, Markus Armbruster, 2017/02/23
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 12/21] qapi: Improve qobject input visitor error reporting, Markus Armbruster, 2017/02/23
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 18/21] tests-qobject-input-strict: Merge into test-qobject-input-visitor, Markus Armbruster, 2017/02/23
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 11/21] qapi: Make QObject input visitor set *list reliably, Markus Armbruster, 2017/02/23
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 17/21] qapi: Drop unused non-strict qobject input visitor, Markus Armbruster, 2017/02/23