[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 6/6] riscv64-softmmu.mak: Build Virtio Block
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 6/6] riscv64-softmmu.mak: Build Virtio Block support
Tue, 10 Jul 2018 17:10:28 -0700
On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 6:54 PM, Michael Clark <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 at 12:29 PM, Alistair Francis <address@hidden>
>> Add build time support for the VirtIO block device. This allows us to
>> attach a drive using the virtio-blk-device.
> I’m not sure what has changed in master, but VirtIO block and net for both
> softmmu-riscv32 and softmmu-riscv64 were previously building by default and
> working. Perhaps i’ve missed some patches that split up VirtIO support into
> more granular config options.
It just occurred to me that this patch might not be required. Someone
my last patch series had a conflict that results in removing the virt
include in the default configs. I suspect this patch can be dropped.
> In any case, we should enable both CONFIG_VIRTIO_NET and CONFIG_VIRTIO_BLK
> for both riscv32 and riscv64 as these were working in QEMU 2.12. There are
> folk using the “virt” machine for riscv32 Linux.
> Thanks, at least I know what to expect when I rebase my patch queue against
> master and of course make a PR for the reviewed patches...
> I’m not sure of the soft-freeze date but the bulk of the patches are the
> same ones that were posted about a month ago... I also have several patches
> that are not yet on the list...
> Vectored interrupts. Trap tracing. More spec wording clarifications
> regarding load reservations and interrupts:
>> Signed-off-by: Alistair Francis <address@hidden>
>> default-configs/riscv64-softmmu.mak | 2 ++
>> 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)
>> diff --git a/default-configs/riscv64-softmmu.mak
>> index 35e74bebe9..8790f3b115 100644
>> --- a/default-configs/riscv64-softmmu.mak
>> +++ b/default-configs/riscv64-softmmu.mak
>> @@ -12,3 +12,5 @@ CONFIG_PCI_XILINX=y
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 0/6] Connect a PCIe host and graphics support to RISC-V, Alistair Francis, 2018/07/09
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 1/6] hw/riscv/virtio: Set the soc device tree node as a simple-bus, Alistair Francis, 2018/07/09
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 2/6] hw/riscv/virt: Increase the number of interrupts, Alistair Francis, 2018/07/09
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 3/6] hw/riscv/virt: Connect the gpex PCIe, Alistair Francis, 2018/07/09
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 4/6] hw/riscv/virt: Connect a VGA PCIe device, Alistair Francis, 2018/07/09
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 5/6] hw/riscv/sifive_u: Connect the Xilinx PCIe, Alistair Francis, 2018/07/09
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 6/6] riscv64-softmmu.mak: Build Virtio Block support, Alistair Francis, 2018/07/09