qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU advent calendar

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU advent calendar
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 11:15:43 +0200

On 13.07.2018 10:34, Richard Jansson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I checked in on the QEMU advent calendar side of which I have very fond
> memories. I'm very impressed and grateful for the work that you've put into
> this site. My question to you is the following, what are your plans for the
> continuation of the program?

 Hi Richard,

thanks for the kind words and your interest in the QEMU advent calendar!
This year, QEMU had its 15th anniversary, so we indeed already thought
about doing a third round of the QEMU advent calendar this year...

> In case there's anything I can do I'll gladly put in some work to help you
> out to support you in your noble cause :)

The problem is to come up with ideas for 24 suitable images [1], and to
prepare them (it's quite time-consuming). So far, we're not certain yet
whether we could do a 2018 edition of the calendar since we hardly have
any images yet. So if you've got ideas for some images, and/or could
help to prepare some, that would be very appreciated! Please get in
touch with us off-list in that case (to avoid to spoil the surprise for
the public).

 Cheers,
  Thomas

[1] See my announcement mail from 2016 for the rules of suitable images:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-12/msg00039.html