[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH 0/7 V11] nvdimm: guarantee persistence of QEMU write
junyan . he
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH 0/7 V11] nvdimm: guarantee persistence of QEMU writes to persistent memory
Wed, 18 Jul 2018 15:47:56 +0800
From: Junyan He <address@hidden>
QEMU writes to vNVDIMM backends in the vNVDIMM label emulation and live
If the backend is on the persistent memory, QEMU needs to take proper
ensure its writes persistent on the persistent memory. Otherwise, a host power
may result in the loss the guest data on the persistent memory.
This patch series is based on Marcel's patch "mem: add share parameter to
because of the changes in patch 1.
Previous versions of this patch series can be found at:
Changes in v11:
* (Patch 2) Modify the ram_flags parameter to 32bits, the same size as it in
* (Patch 5 and Patch 7) Delete pmem_xxx stub functions in stubs/pmem.c. Use
functions with assert to replace them, because we never come there when pmem is
but lack of libpmem support.
Changes in v10:
* (Patch 4) Fix a nit in nvdimm docs about pmem option usage in command line
The v10 patch set is all reviewed by Igor Mammedov <address@hidden>
Changes in v9:
* (Patch 3 and Patch 4) Reorder these two patches to make logic right.
Firstly add libpmem support, and then we can use libpmem's configure
check result. Also fix some typo and grammar issues in these two patches.
Changs in v8:
* (Patch 3) Report a error when user set 'pmem' to file-backend, while
the qemu is lack of libpmem support. In this case, we can not ensure
the persistence of the file-backend, so we choose to fail the build
rather than contine and make the thing more confused.
Changes in v7:
The v6 patch set has already reviewed by Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden>
No logic change in this v7 version, just:
* Spelling check and some document words refined.
* Rebase to "ram is migratable" patch set.
Changes in v6:
* (Patch 1) Expose all ram block flags rather than redefine the flags.
* (Patch 4) Use pkg-config rather the hard check when configure.
* (Patch 7) Sync and flush all the pmem data when migration completes,
rather than sync pages one by one in previous version.
Changes in v5:
* (Patch 9) Add post copy check and output some messages for nvdimm.
Changes in v4:
* (Patch 2) Fix compilation errors found by patchew.
Changes in v3:
* (Patch 5) Add a is_pmem flag to ram_handle_compressed() and handle
PMEM writes in it, so we don't need the _common function.
* (Patch 6) Expose qemu_get_buffer_common so we can remove the
unnecessary qemu_get_buffer_to_pmem wrapper.
* (Patch 8) Add a is_pmem flag to xbzrle_decode_buffer() and handle
PMEM writes in it, so we can remove the unnecessary
* Move libpmem stubs to stubs/pmem.c and fix the compilation failures
Changes in v2:
* (Patch 1) Use a flags parameter in file ram allocation functions.
* (Patch 2) Add a new option 'pmem' to hostmem-file.
* (Patch 3) Use libpmem to operate on the persistent memory, rather
than re-implementing those operations in QEMU.
* (Patch 5-8) Consider the write persistence in the migration path.
[1/7] memory, exec: Expose all memory block related flags.
[6/7] migration/ram: Add check and info message to nvdimm post copy.
[7/7] migration/ram: ensure write persistence on loading all date to PMEM.
[5/7] mem/nvdimm: ensure write persistence to PMEM in label emulation
Haozhong & Junyan:
[2/7] memory, exec: switch file ram allocation functions to 'flags' parameters
[3/7] configure: add libpmem support [4/7] hostmem-file: add the 'pmem' option
[4/7] hostmem-file: add the 'pmem' option
backends/hostmem-file.c | 44 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
configure | 29 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
docs/nvdimm.txt | 22 ++++++++++++++++++++++
exec.c | 38 +++++++++++++-------------------------
hw/mem/nvdimm.c | 9 ++++++++-
include/exec/memory.h | 31 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
include/exec/ram_addr.h | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
include/qemu/pmem.h | 36 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
memory.c | 8 +++++---
migration/ram.c | 17 +++++++++++++++++
numa.c | 2 +-
qemu-options.hx | 7 +++++++
12 files changed, 235 insertions(+), 36 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 include/qemu/pmem.h
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 0/7 V11] nvdimm: guarantee persistence of QEMU writes to persistent memory,
junyan . he <=
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 3/7 V11] configure: add libpmem support, junyan . he, 2018/07/18
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 1/7 V11] memory, exec: Expose all memory block related flags., junyan . he, 2018/07/18
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 2/7 V11] memory, exec: switch file ram allocation functions to 'flags' parameters, junyan . he, 2018/07/18
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 4/7 V11] hostmem-file: add the 'pmem' option, junyan . he, 2018/07/18
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 5/7 V11] mem/nvdimm: ensure write persistence to PMEM in label emulation, junyan . he, 2018/07/18
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 6/7 V11] migration/ram: Add check and info message to nvdimm post copy., junyan . he, 2018/07/18
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 7/7 V11] migration/ram: ensure write persistence on loading all data to PMEM., junyan . he, 2018/07/18
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 0/7 V11] nvdimm: guarantee persistence of QEMU writes to persistent memory, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2018/07/27