qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Question about hardware cursor in VGA

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Question about hardware cursor in VGA
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 15:58:00 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I'm trying to implement hardware cursor for ati-vga before submitting the last version of it before the freeze. (This was found to be used at least by MorphOS and Mac OS X.) I've found that vga has facilities for this already (used by cirrus) with the cursor_invalidate() and cursor_draw_line() functions that I can reuse for this but these are only called if !(is_buffer_shared(surface)) at least since 7d957bd8cbc. How is this supposed to work? What does draw hardware cursor in cirrus when surface is shared? Or is it broken now for cirrus as well? I could remove this check from vga.c and add it to the functions in cirrus-vga.c to preserve current behaviour but I'm not sure that's correct. Looks more like this check is not needed at all for cirrus either. Is there a guest to test this with? (This reminds me I've seen mouse pointer disappearing in text input fields and notepad or wordpad on WindowsXP guest before probably with vmware_vga but likely that's not related to the above, just remembered it now.)

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan