qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/8] Python queue, 2019-06-07

From: Daniel P . Berrangé
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/8] Python queue, 2019-06-07
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 18:30:00 +0100

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 06:15:46PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 at 18:12, Daniel P. Berrangé <address@hidden> wrote:
> > There's been two new LTS releases of Ubuntu since then
> > with Xenial and Bionic, so IMHO, it is pretty reasonable
> > to want to drop Trusty rather than continuing to spend time
> > on software versions from 2014 and before. Both our Travis
> > and Docker setups use Xenial as minimum and the number of
> > our developers stuck using Trusty is likely negligible.
> >
> > What gap is your gcc compile farm filling & can we find an
> > alternate way to address that gap that's viable ?
>
> In this case, it's the aarch64 host. I can probably
> find something else to run this on, but it's not going
> to happen immediately.

Do you have access to any machine in the compile farm or is access
granted on a per-machine basis ?   If i'm reading this page right:

  https://cfarm.tetaneutral.net/machines/list/

there is now one aarch64 machine (gcc117) that is running
Debian 9 / Stretch and another (gcc118) with OpenSUSE Leap 15.
In terms of OS version at least, either of those could be viable
for QEMU, if it is possible for you to access them.

Regards,
Daniel