qemu-devel

Re: New Hardware model emulation

From: Priyamvad Acharya
Subject: Re: New Hardware model emulation
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 18:34:25 +0530

Hello,

I tried to boot linux on qemu for RISCV(32 bit) with busybear-linux image.
When I run script containing qemu command line configuration it just hangs with following message shown by attached image.

How to fix it?

I am also attaching script for you reference.

Thanks,
Priyamvad Acharya

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 at 16:51, Priyamvad Acharya <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have commented all the lines of other hardware models except custom device line " common-obj-$(CONFIG_TESTPCI) += testpci.o ".
> But when I run make I get errors  similar to error shown in file which I have shared with you in previous replies.
Above custom device I am building for Qemu ARM(32 bit architecture)

When I tried building  custom devicefor Qemu RISCV(32 bit architecture), make get successfully executed and I get my custom device .o and .d files in build/hw/misc directory.

I think there might be some problems with missing libraries for ARM architecture ?

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 at 16:45, Priyamvad Acharya <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
I have commented all the lines of other hardware models except custom device line " common-obj-$(CONFIG_TESTPCI) += testpci.o ".
But when I run make I get errors  similar to error shown in file which I have shared with you in previous replies.

Thanks,
Priyamvad

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 at 02:05, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 5:12 PM Priyamvad Acharya
<address@hidden> wrote:
> > These errors are probably due to the Makefile.objs changes in your commit:
>
> If I am not wrong, we need to add a rule i.e " common-obj-$(CONFIG_TESTPCI) += testpci.o " in Makefile.objs to compile custom device in Qemu.
> Shall I should remove that rule to remove the errors?

No, keep that line.  All the other changes to Makefile.objs in that
commit seem spurious though and should be removed.

Stefan