qemu-devel

Supported Build Platforms (Again) (Was Re: Supported Sphinx Versions)

From: John Snow
Subject: Supported Build Platforms (Again) (Was Re: Supported Sphinx Versions)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 12:43:01 -0400

On 4/14/20 3:53 AM, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> John Snow <address@hidden> writes:
>

>> Debian:
>>     8/Jessie: We don't support this anymore AFAIUI.
>
> Correct.
>
> docs/system/build-platforms.rst:
>
>     For distributions with long-lifetime releases, the project will aim
>     to support the most recent major version at all times.  Support for
>     the previous major version will be dropped 2 years after the new
>     major version is released, or when it reaches "end of life".
>
> Debian 8 reached end of life in 2018, one year after 9's release.

Debian 8 has "long-term support" until 2020-06-30. I only bring this
point up because we still list "Debian" under the "long-lifetime
releases" section, but are excluding the version of Debian that has
"Long-term" in the name.

Pedantic, yes.

Is it worth clarifying that we treat Debian as a "long-lifetime" release
distro, but we do not count their "long-term" support for purposes of
calculating EOL?