qemu-devel

Re: Possible regression with VGA and resolutions in Windows 10?

From: Aaron Lauterer
Subject: Re: Possible regression with VGA and resolutions in Windows 10?
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 14:00:23 +0200

Hey,

On 7/24/20 4:10 PM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
That still leaves the question open why the list of resolutions is that
short  It should be more like this:

# qemu-edid | edid-decode | grep @
   640x480@60Hz
   800x600@60Hz
   1024x768@60Hz
   2048x1152@60Hz
   1920x1080@60Hz
     VIC 101 4096x2160@50Hz
     VIC  96 3840x2160@50Hz
     VIC  89 2560x1080@50Hz
     VIC  31 1920x1080@50Hz

Seems windows filters out a bunch for some reason ...

When checking the Advanced Display Settings on can click on the "Display adaptor properties
for Display 1". In that window one can click on "List all modes". In this list the
640x480 mode does show up.

The 2048x1152 does not show up anywhere, with edid on as well as when edid is
off. So my guess is that this resolution is just not supported by the Windows
Basic Display Adapter?
The same applies to the resolutions in the lines starting with VIC, though I
did not check if the 1920x1080 is 60 or 50 Hz.

If there is anything else that I can do, let me know.

All the best,
Aaron