qemu-devel

Re: Picture missing in About dialog on cocoa ui

From: Programmingkid
Subject: Re: Picture missing in About dialog on cocoa ui
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 12:27:59 -0400

> On Jul 8, 2021, at 1:37 AM, Akihiko Odaki <akihiko.odaki@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> My installation correctly shows the picture. Please make sure you
> install it and run the installed binary (not the binary located in the
> build directory). The new code should work reliably once you install
> it while the old code may or may not work depending on how you execute
> the binary.
>
> Regards,
> Akihiko Odaki

The problem with e31746ecf8dd2f25f687c94ac14016a3ba5debfc is it requires a
picture file to be found in a certain path. My original code used QEMU's icon
to obtain a picture. The reason why the picture in the About dialog stopped
appearing was because of the move to the meson build system. A new patch has
just been committed that fixes the missing icon issue. Using 'git revert
e31746ecf8dd2f25f687c94ac14016a3ba5debfc' fixes the missing picture issue in
the About dialog.

Thank you.