qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/11] QEMU changes for 2021-03-02

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/11] QEMU changes for 2021-03-02
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 18:46:51 +0000

On Fri, 4 Mar 2022 at 17:41, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:
> The test seems to be flaky, I've been fighting with it all week---trying
> multiple versions of this pull request and removing patches until
> build-oss-fuzz passed.  The set of patches that triggered it or not was
> completely random, but I'll not that it did pass with this exact commit
> I'm submitting (https://gitlab.com/bonzini/qemu/-/jobs/2154365356).
>
> I wanted to look at this today again before replying to you, but as you
> know I was sidetracked by work on the qemu.org infrastructure.  So, I
> can look at this but I really need to ask you one of two favors:
>
> 1) decide that the test is flaky and merge this pull request, and then
> I'll send before Monday the changes that I've omitted here (which again
> have nothing to do with qos-test).  I'll look at qos-test during soft
> freeze.
>
> 2) accept that I'll send another x86 pull request (not a large one)
> after soft freeze, so that I have more time to debug this (likely
> unrelated) build-oss-fuzz issue.

Either of these is fine; my requirement is only that either:
 (1) the oss-fuzz gitlab CI job needs to in practice actually
pass at least most of the time
 (2) we need to switch it to ok-to-fail or disable it

so I don't have CI failing for every merge I make.

We seem to have several intermittents right now (including one
which makes oss-fuzz hang, I think) which I'll try to find time
to investigate soon. Plus the CI infra in general is flaky:
some of the intermittents are clearly gitlab issues (like failing
to manage to git clone things).

thanks
-- PMM